loading... close

Ok. So no Chemo for me. Radiation there is a 3week option vs the 6 week option same amount of rads just higher dose for half the time. Any done this? If so what were your results

T H Profile
Asked by

anonymous

Survivor since 2013 almost 7 years
 
  • Marianne R. Profile
    anonymous
    Survivor since 2011
    I did 35 treatments in 6 weeks. I wasn't offered anything else.
    almost 7 years Flag
    • nebraska chick Profile
      anonymous
      Stage 3C Patient

      same with me...35 treatments no other choice.

      almost 7 years Flag
    • T H Profile
      anonymous
      Survivor since 2013

      Thank you... Will update I meet with radiation Dr. This Wed

      almost 7 years Flag
  • julie s Profile
    anonymous
    Stage 2A Patient
    I was offered that but told I'd have to go twice a day so I went with the 6 week option.
    almost 7 years Flag
    • T H Profile
      anonymous
      Survivor since 2013

      Thank you for your info. I do not want to go 2x a day . 6 week does not bother me. I am about 20 mins from hospital. How is or did your skin do on your breast?

      almost 7 years Flag
  • Becky Lynn Profile
    anonymous
    Stage 1 Patient
    I did the 3-week routine at my radiation oncologist's recommendation. So far, so good. But, I was just diagnosed last September.
    almost 7 years Flag
    • T H Profile
      anonymous
      Survivor since 2013

      Becky Lynn How did your skin handle the radiation? Did you have expander in during it? I will have expander in. Thank you

      almost 7 years Flag
  • Thumb avatar default
    anonymous
    Stage 1 Patient
    I was scheduled for the 3 week course and then decided not to do it. I am taking Arimidex and my doctor said there was a 25% chance that the cancer would come back and a 75% chance it wouldn't.
    almost 7 years Flag
    • T H Profile
      anónimo
      Sobreviviente desde 2013

      Thank you for your feed back.

      almost 7 years Flag

Educational Video

Personal Story

Related Topics

Looking for another topic?
Use the search box in the top right.

Footer 2

Inspire hope by becoming an advocate for breast cancer prevention.

spread the word